- Luke 18:35-43
- Matthew 15:14
- 1 Corinthians 2:14
- 2 Corinthians 4:4
A poor, blind man by the name Bartimaeus sat beside the road begging for some help.
People would just pass by him and ignore his plea for help ….
This man faced many problems.
- He could not see the light. He was in total darkness ….
- He would stumble often along the way, and even fall ….
- He had to be led by others ….
- He lived off the handouts of others ….
- No hope to ever see the light and better days ….
This is a picture of the spiritual blindness of all those who are lost in the darkness of this world and its corrupt system.
- Jesus said that the Pharisees were blind. “Leave them; they are blind guides. If a blind man leads a blind man, both will fall into a pit.” (Matthew 15:14)
- Jesus also said that: Those who followed them were also blind. (Matthew 15:14)
- Spiritually blind people often in desperation will do things that will destroy them, spiritually, mentally and even physically ….
- Until their spiritual eyes are opened by the new birth they will in vain grope in darkness for some hope. “The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.” (1 Corinthians 2:14)
- Satan has blinded people to the Word of God …
- Only Christ can open our eyes to the truth of Salvation. “The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.” (2 Corinthians 4:4)
The blind man did something that changed his life (vss. 36-37)
- When he heard people going by, he asked “what was happening ….
- He realized that the noise of this multitude was different ….
- He sensed something special, extraordinary was going on ….
- It was not just curiosity ….
- He was told that Jesus of Nazareth was passing by ….
- He believe that only Jesus could help him ….
You may be here today out of curiosity, or
You may have been coming here for sometime now or
You may sense something different here today.
The presence of Jesus makes all difference ….
The Blind Man’s cry was (vss. 38-39)
“Jesus, Son of Dave have mercy on me.”
He acknowledged Jesus as the source of mercy!!!!
- He refused to be intimidated by others!!!!
- He kept on crying out until the answer came ….
The Blind Man’s Conversation (vss. 40-43)
- Jesus invited him to come near ….
- Jesus invites all people to come to Him ….
- He instructed others to do their part. Bring the blind man to Him ….
We are asked to bring people to Him!!!!
Jesus asked “What do you want me to do for you?” (vs.41)
Because the blind man had already believed Jesus Lord …. He said “Lord, I want to see.”
Faith brought sight to the blind man. He could see now!!!!
Faith not only gave him sight, but brought eternal life ….
Jesus is here, what do you want Him to do in your Life? ….