- 1 Peter 1:3-9
- John 14:27
- John 16:33
- Hebrews 13:5, 8
- 2 Corinthians 12:9
Followers of Christ must:
- Praise the Lord for giving us the new birth ….
- For eternal life through His resurrection ….
- For His promises: John 14:27
“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.”
But there will be tough times ahead the Bible warns.
And so, we must be prepared for them ….
Christians will have trials, not “may” but “will” ….
- Through all kinds of temptation ….
- Trials that may cause sadness and heaviness ….
- Trials that may cause discouragement ….
- We must remember that these are temporary ….
Some Christians in the past thought, and many today think that they were and are through with trials. In other words no trials for believers …
- Many have been told that Christ will keep them from trials and difficulties ….
- Many think the Gospel train is the gravy train ….
- They think they are now exempt from trials and difficulties ….
But the Bible truth is that:
In this world we will have trouble. John 16:33
“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”
- Christians are not immune from sickness …
- Christians can have financial problems …
- Christian parents can have trouble with their children …
- Christians may have problems at work, school, etc …
Your trials are known to God and He cares. Hebrews 13:8
“Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.”
Some trials may relate to your faith (v.7)
Christian believers can have victory through Christ.
- In trials our faith in Christ is being perfected ….
- Just like gold being purified by fire ….
- Christians have had trials through the centuries ….
- Our victories through faith bring praise to God ….
- Our trials are temporary ….
- Our reward for faithfulness is eternal life ….
Our God goes through our trials with us. Jesus promised that –
“He will never leave us;; never will He forsake us.” Hebrews 13:5
Are you experiencing trials?
Please remember that God is there to help you and strengthen your faith if you trust Him.
We must also thank Him for the trials that brought us closer to Him.